Sharing with you an ingredient for a slowcooker pot roast and hope you enjoy it!
Servings: 6 people
Preparation time: about 15 mins
Cooking time: 8 hrs
Ready in: 8 hrs 15 mins
Ingredients Needed for Our SlowCooker Pot Roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 pounds neless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1.2 ounce package dry beef gravy mix
- 1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 0.7 ounce package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 5 whole peeled carrots (optional)
- Mixed vegetables (optional)
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread the onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
- Spread the flour out onto a work surface.
- Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper.
- Roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Using the edge of a small, sturdy plate, pound the flour into the meat. Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions. Whisk together beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth. Pour over the chuck roast. Distribute carrots around the meat.
- Cover the cooker, set to Low, and cook until the roast is tender and the gravy has thickened, about 8 hours.
Even for a newbie, you can make the best slowcooker pot roast with this recipe.