The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610 Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker is the second best selling slow cooker on Amazon (the top best selling slow cooker is Hamilton Beach 33967). It is ideal for those who have an on-the-go lifestyle. The food does not spill and will not stain the car seat.
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker boasts of programmed cooking, serving all my kitchen needs. The 6-quart capacity oval stoneware pot can cook for as many as seven people. Just set the cooking time as well as the temperature for your cooking needs. You can cook food on its settings (“High”, “Low”, or “Warm”) anytime from 30 minutes to as long as 20 hours. Once the set cook time is finished or complete, it will shift automatically to “Warm”, allowing your meal to remain in warm temperature until you are ready to eat.
A six-pound roast? It’s peanuts for this slow cooker made up of stainless steel. In fact, for my family’s daily needs, this wonderful slow cooker is just perfect to have sumptuous meals. For our weekly meals with the relatives, this workaholic slow cooker is an indispensable part of the kitchen. So far, the Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker has made mean delights such as pot roast, pulled pork, pizza, pasta, and double corn chowder.
Food on the Go with Less Mess
Another thing that I really love and find extremely helpful with the Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker is that it has a locking lid that is very easy to use. The locking lid gas a lid gasket, providing an extra seal to the food and assuring that there will be less mess when you are bringing food on the road. Aside from having less mess when you are bringing food elsewhere, you are assured that your food stays warm and ready to eat.
I proved this when I went to the annual reunion with my family. After cooking my pot roast, I brought it inside the car. And after an hour of traveling, there is hardly any mess at all. The best part of it? My pot roast is still hot. My meal was immediately a blast among my relatives. In just 30 minutes, the food was already gone and shared by everyone. All my relatives were wondering how I could have kept the pot roast hot despite traveling from our house. I told them that my secret was the Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker.
Easy to Clean
Cleaning up the Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker is definitely a breeze. Once you are finished cooking with it, you just need to unplug it and just allow it to cool for a few minutes before you start cleaning. Both the stoneware and lid can be cleaned using the dishwasher or just using a soapy, hot water. The outside part of the heating base can be cleaned using soapy, warm water and a soft cloth.
Because it has an easy-to-use locking lid that comes with a rubber gasket, meals are sealed and 100-percent ready for outdoor carrying. It comes with oversized handles, making it safer and easier to handle.
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker’s dimensions are 15 x 10 x 15.2 inches. It weighs about 8 pounds. If you order it online, the shipping weight is around 13 pounds. Compared with other slow cookers around, it is not as heavy and does not take up too much space.
Functional and Stylish
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker comes with a removable oval stoneware. You can use it as a serving dish—like I did in our annual reunion.) The slow cooker’s sleek design makes it a good countertop accessory.
Many of the reviewers there rated this slow cooker favorably, and gave this product 4.4 out of 5 stars. Here are some comments to date.
- All in all, this is an excellent value!
- We’ve used it (Crock-Pot 610-S slow cooker) about 15 times since we bought it (often several times a week) and love throwing a whole meal in there in the morning and coming home after work to a prepared meal. This is truly a fix it and forget it crock pot!
- This one (Crock-Pot 610-S slow cooker) cooks evenly, never scorches, and the casing is surprisingly lightweight! The oval shape also makes it easier for me to store. This might be one of my favorite purchases ever.
- I chose this model partly because it won the editors choice from Wired magazine.
- I was looking for a crock pot with two features – controlled by an electronic touch pad instead of a knob (those knobs fall off!) and a locking feature, for easy transport. This was the only one I found with both those features!
- I bought this Crock Pot because the ceramic middle of my old one cracked and became a Crack Pot. Anyway, I noticed first that the ceramic middle of this model is much lighter, therefore, (read more).
- It’s cheap compared with other slow cookers
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- It is a six-quart oval stoneware, ideal for seven people or more
- Programmed cooking timer to suit your any cooking needs from 30 minutes to as long as 20 hours
- Shifts automatically to the “Warm” setting when cooking is already finished
- Locking system perfect for portable use
- Secure fit lid that will make the meal sealed and ready for consumption even when you travel
- Safe handles
- May be too small to cook large meals
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S slow cooker costs around $60.